Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Black Knight and Climate Change

It looks like the planet has had enough of us, or maybe most of us.  Those crying climate scientists are starting to make sense.  As one noted in a radio interview in the above-linked article, "I love the oceans, [ . . . ] I feel passionately about what we are doing to them and I’m worried that they will be irreversibly damaged."  As someone who has spent over 1000 days at sea, many as a commercial/charter/whale watching captain, I can relate.  Look around. The Great Barrier Reef in Australia has parts looking like sun-bleached deer antlers.  Harvey in Houston. Irma on the way (185 mph winds at this time). My blog post below.  Montana, British Columbia, Oregon fires. Regarding climate change, world leaders are acting like the stubborn knight in Monty Python's The Holy Grail fighting King Arthur (in this case, Earth).

No comments:

Post a Comment